Forum Posts

Itz Me
Aug 02, 2022
In Welcome to the Forum
From the salivary glands that is made up of 99% water and the remaining 1% organic and inorganic molecules. In general, a person secretes between 1 and 1.5 liters of saliva per day. In the following article we will analyze the different functions of saliva and its relevance for health. 1. Lubrication due to the presence of mucin and proline-rich glycoproteins in its composition, saliva lubricates and protects oral tissues against irritants. Lubrication helps to modulate the selective adhesion of microorganisms to the surfaces of tissues in the oral cavity. This favors the control of the colonization of bacteria and fungi. In addition, this function of saliva is essential for bolus formation, chewing, swallowing, and speech. 2. Buffer capacity, buffer or buffer buffering is the ability of saliva to counteract whatsapp number list changes in ph. This function of saliva allows it to protect the tissues that make up the oral cavity against acids that come from food or dental plaque, which helps reduce its cariogenic potential . The main buffer in saliva is bicarbonate. Inesem business school dental clinic assistant course (university degree + 8 ects credits) more information 3. Participation in the formation of the acquired film the presence of proline in its composition makes it possible for the layer of saliva on the teeth and the mucosa to influence microbial unions. In addition, this lubricating layer protects the tissues of the oral cavity against the penetration of acids and excess moisture. 4. Antibacterial and antifungal action numerous antimicrobial systems such as iga are present in the
This function of saliva allows it to protect the tissues that make up the content media
0
0
2
 

Itz Me

More actions